Know When you Have a Problem With your Thyroid Gland
Do you know what the thyroid gland is? It is an important part of the body, located in the neck, whose job is to produce hormones and regulate the metabolism.
If something happens to it, it will lead to imbalance of the hormones and the body will probably be destroyed. And it makes it more difficult that it’s symptoms are so common, that people overlook them often and neglect them, so most of them have problems with the thyroid glad, but are not aware of it.
In addition we will provide you with several symptoms how to realize when something is wrong there.
- Your weight can change drastically – if hypothyroidism is present, you will gain weight, and if the hyperthyroidism is present, you will experience weight loss.
- You will experience bloating, swelling and puffiness, especially in the face and neck.
- Possible problems with your concentration, shaking, anxiety, nervousness and irritability are all signs that your body is producing too many hormones and it cannot take it.
- Unusual flow of the menstruation, whether it is too much of it or no flow at all, leads up to changes in the thyroid gland.
- You will react differently from other people about the weather. If you have hypothyroidism you will feel extremely cold, and if you have hyperthyroidism you will feel warm.
- Your hair will start falling out, and it will become dry, brittle and weak.
- Contact your doctor as soon as possible if you start experiencing constant pain in the joints and muscles.
- Finally, you will experience mental changes – the low levels of hormones produced by the thyroid gland result in exhaustion, dizziness, and a constant fatigue.
Please, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult your doctor for further examinations and how to approach this condition. Preserve your health at once!