Three Pieces of Cookware That Are Dangerous For Your Health
Most of us really give a lot of attention to the food we consume instead of the cookware we prepare it in. Regardless of how health conscious you are, what organic products are included in your dietary plans, and you pick only the healthiest foods, they can all be transformed into very dangerous foods with the help of the cookware you prepare them in.
Not all the pots and pans are made equal, and this is why not of them have the same effect on cooking. If you do not use proper tools while you are preparing your food, then it can leave some serious negative effects and alter the taste of the food you consume. This is why you need to read this list carefully and avoid these cookware at all costs!
Pieces of Cookware
- Ceramic coated cookware – even if it looks really good in your kitchen, the ceramic coated cookware can add a lot of toxic matter to the food you prepare in it. These pans, pots and cutlery are created out of numerous metals, coated with a synthetic polymer. In most of the cases this is a coating that lasts for about one year, and the repetitive heating can facilitate its corrosion. This ceramic material is extremely sensitive to the high temperature, which are very likely to chip or crack up. So, when this happens, the leads starts leaching into the food, wreaking havoc inside your body.
- Non stick cookware (the teflon kind) – this particular kind of cookware is created with polytetrafluoroethylene, a synthetic coating of a plastic polymer which is known to release toxins when exposed to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It has been related to issues with the reproductive system and even cancer. Inhaling the toxic fumes which are emitted from the synthetic coating may cause a lot of side effects, such as tightness in the chest, mild cough, fevers, chills, and polyper fume fever.
- Aluminium cookware and even aluminium foil – most of the people use aluminium without ever realizing how harmful it can get for the health of a person. If the aluminium leaches into the food you’re preparing, it will eventually reaches to your bones, lungs, brain, causing all sorts of tangles in the nerve fibers. As a result, you will be at a higher risk for development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Copper cookware – another bad choice for you. If the copper leaches into your food, and this happens in the cases where it is not coated, it will be toxic, on the other hand, if it is coated, this is usually done with nickel, your food will also be contaminated with allergens and toxins. The excessive exposure to copper cookware will weaken your immune system and disrupt the adrenal and thyroid function.
On the other hand, we have also comprised a small list of the cookware which are safe to use, and we urge you to start using them more often!
- Glass – the glass will not release any toxins in your body because it is a highly durable material. Instead of using the plastic container like you always do, turn to the glass storage containers.
- Stainless steel – it is durable, it does not stick, it is resistant to chipping, it looks great, and it is lighter than cast iron, and it is made in heaven, you know that, right?
- Enameled cast iron – the coated cast iron cookware is free of toxic fumes, it does not stick, and is quite easy to wash. It requires less to none maintenance and you can find it in various different styles.
- Bare cast iron – compared to the enameled cast iron, this kind of iron requires a bit more maintenance, but on the other hand, it is much cheaper. When you are cooking acidic ingredients, it is possible for it to leak small amounts of iron, but this is very beneficial for those who are suffering from iron deficiency.