What Happens In Your Body 10 Hours After You Polish Your Nails
We are all aware of the fact that when you use too much nail polish, for a longer period of time, it will have some negative effects on your body, and can even lead to your nails going yellow.
This so called care product actually does more damage than good than anyone else can ever imagine. Of course, it is not our goal to make you give up on nail polish completely, but it will at least give you an insight on the negative sides of using too much nail polish.
After You Polish Your Nails
What is the main danger on your health?
Well, the big risk of using too much nail polish is its toxicity. A larger part of the modern cosmetics which is intended for the nails, contains the following ingredients which can destroy your health:
- Toluene – this is a dillutant that gives a smooth layer to the nails and keep its pigment. It is commonly known that the toluene can influence the entire central nerve system, and it can cause damage to the reproductive system too.
- Formaldehyde – a colorless gas which enables the longevity of the nail polish. In the more difficult cases it can cause an irregular heartbeat, stroke or cancer.
- Dibutyl Phthalate – it is used for the aroma. This particular component in the nail polish can cause some disruptions in the endocrine system, gynecological or respiratory issues too.
A group of scientists have made a research on 24 women – after 10 hours of putting the nail polish on the nails, the dibutyl phosphate in the body had reached a concentration which was 7 times larger than the regular one, which is a sign for an alarming situation.
How to choose a nail polish which will be safe to use for your health?
Well, first of all, there are warnings on some types of nail polish:
- „5 free“ – this symbol states that the nail polish does not contain formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate and so many other harmful toxins.
- „3 free“this symbol states that the nail polish does not contain the following three compounds – formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate and toluene.
So, the next time, before you buy a nail polish, make sure you read the list of compounds, because at the end of the day, you are the one which is most responsible for your own health.