10 Skin-Healthy Natural Herbal Oils for Young & Glowing Skin!
If you check through the beauty aisle in any store, you will find natural and herbal oils in most skin products. Although you can never be sure about the purity of the oils, research has proven their healing powers and other benefits for the skin.
If you want to go all natural, here is a list of the best herb-based oils that you can use to enhance your skin health and beauty.
- Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil is easily absorbable, light oil that has properties similar to skin’s sebum. This causes the skin to produce lesser amount of oil. Jojoba oil gives you skin a very light sheen and you will not feel that you have oil over your skin.
- Marula Oil – This oil is sourced from the marula tree that grows in Africa. If anyone tells you that there’s no treatment for acne, they haven’t heard of this African tree. It has powerful antimicrobial compounds that eliminate the acne-causing bacteria. It is light and you will not have to worry about it clogging the pores. It also balances skin oil production rate.
- Castor Oil – With its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil is another great natural oil for breakout-prone skin types. It contains vitamin E, unsaturated fatty acids, various minerals and proteins. It can not only eliminate acne-causing bacteria, it can also heal acne-caused scars and discoloration.
- Grapeseed Oil – This natural oil is packed with antioxidants, fatty acids, and other nutrients to prevent and inhibit acne. Grapeseed oil also has astringent properties that help in making the skin firmer. You can imagine the benefits especially when you have saggy under eyes. It is the perfect oil for fighting aging signs and dark circles.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is readily available in your kitchen, but make sure to use it pure. It has some special nutrients including oleuropein and squalene. Oleuropein is packed with antioxidant properties and anti-inflammatory benefits. This makes olive oil great for your skin and hair. This oil is excellent for repairing the collagen and soothing eczema.
- Rosehip Oil – This natural oil is a rich source of skin-healthy nutrients. This includes retinoic acid, beta-carotene, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Some of these nutrients are so difficult to find in other sources. It can help soothe and reverse sun burns, eczema and scars. Rosehip oil, which is sourced from the flowers is also good for your nails, eliminating the brittleness and making them stronger.
- Geranium Oil – There are so many properties to geranium oil that makes it a great natural oil for skin treatment. It is a natural and powerful astringent. It can also be used as a natural deodorant. It is great for treating oily skin and for acne. It can soothe inflammation, improve circulation and reduce scars.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is called “liquid gold” in Northern Africa because of its beauty benefits. It is sourced from argan tree kernels and is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins. It has powerful skin-hydrating properties. In fact, it is also good for your hair and nail. It is a complete natural beauty product.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is widely used in the East for cooking food and applying on the hair and body. It is a natural hydrator which can be used on your face and body to fight off dry skin. It is rich in fatty acids that nourish the skin. They help in moistening skin cells and preventing water loss. Coconut oil can also be used for removing your makeup.
- Almond Oil – Almonds contain healthy fats including omega-3 fatty acids. Almond oil is a great body moisturizer too. Because it is a hypoallergenic, it prevents skin irritation. It can also help in soothing psoriasis and eczema.