Here is Why You Need to Stay Away From These Vitamins
All Americans have been taking multivitamins and mineral supplements since the early 1940s when the first product came available to the public. This is why today, millions of American people continue to seek a way to boost their immunity and and health through different supplements.
One of the most popular ways to do this is done by a lot of people – they try to blend in some essential minerals and vitamins through taking a daily multivitamin, such as the Centrum vitamins.The multivitamins are accounted for about 40 percentage of the entire supplement purchase, which is total to 5.6 billion out of 37 billion made only in the year of 2014.
Stay Away From These Vitamins
The Centrum vitamins are on the top of the list of best selling vitamin supplements, but not without contention. This big vitamin brand is now owned by Pfizer, which is the largest pharmaceutical company in the world. It mainly deals with manufactured chemicals.
This is a company that is no stranger to fraud, controversy and a lot of legal battles. For an example, this company was sued for a false statement that their products contain plenty health benefits for the consumers, when in fact, it did some damage to the colon and breast health.
Other example is that no matter what supplements you take in order to blend them together, you will get a multivitamin. This is all because the multivitamins do not need to go through certain specification list of standards, so basically, you don’t really know what you’re consuming.
The question here is, would you think the multivitamins are hurting you or helping you?You probably need to avoid these multivitamins because there are compounds in them which are literally used to make line tin cans, coal, or even propel jets, and then you’re consuming them.
The Centrum claims that their vitamins are very beneficial, and will give your immune system a boost, yet there are many compounds of it that can be downright toxic for the body, even carcinogenic. This is why we have made a small list of the most dangerous Centrum compounds:
- GMO corn starch – this is a modified version of the corn, but with a lot of damaging along with it. It can be damaging to the detoxifying organs such as the kidneys, the liver, spleen, the heart, and it has been linked to kidney failure and death.
- Calcium carbonate – this is a compound found in shells, rocks and pearls and is sometimes used to help the calcium level in the body to increase. But, it has been linked to heart diseases, strokes and failures, especially in the elderly.
- Hydrogenated oil – in a natural state, typically this is a safe oil, but when exposed over heat, it immediately becomes toxic, and by entering our arteries, it clogs them, causing arterial issues and massive heart attacks, as well as boosting the bad cholesterol in the body. Because of these issues, it can often lead to the development of Alzheimer’s disease or ADHD.
- Food dye yellow 6 – this is a toxic and carcinogenic food dye that can lead to allergies, tumors on the kidneys, chromosomal damage and a lot more. It leads to being hyperactive, being restless and suffering from ADHD. This is an increase of fast foods and processed snacks to correlation of rising number of children with behavioral problems that should not be dismissed.
- Titanium dioxide – this is a naturally occurring metal that has proven to be toxic for humans. It has been used in many products in order to secure their whiteness, such as toothpaste, ink, paper, cosmetics, paints and so on. Previously, it has been approved to be safe by the FDA, but, in recent studies it has proven to be very toxic and carcinogenic.
- Polyethylene glycol – this compound is used in creation of coal burning plants, rocket fuel and over the counter laxatives. This compound can lead to allergic reactions, esophageal bleeding, kidney damage, or tears. It has also proven to be linked to autism.
The Centrum’s children vitamins are even worse – they have proven to contain more hazardous compounds than the adult multivitamins, all the while including the adult multivitamins in them too. Do you want to make the health of your children better or worse?
Here is all that you can find in the multivitamins for children.
- Artificial sweeteners – when you let your child digest such compound, it converts to a toxic one when entering the body. Once digested, it can lead to 40 different side effects, including cancer, ADHD, multiple sclerosis, lupus, birth defects and more.
- Food dye blue 2 – you can change its color, but not its effects. The food colorings are some of the most toxic compounds found nowadays on the market, especially for the children. It has been linked to brain tumors, learning disorders and general malaise.
- Cupric oxide – this is a copper mineral but in Europe has been listed as a hazardous material. It is also listed to be dangerous for the environment and it can cause serious damage, such as kidney failure.
- Zinc oxide – this is a compound that makes the SPF in sunscreens – making most of them toxic. It can upset your stomach, cause diarrhea, constipation, and more.
- Sugar – the most common extract of cane and beets, with over 100 adverse side effects. At the top listed ones is cancer. Others are hyperactivity, obesity, diabetes, immune suppressant, suppressor of vitamins and minerals absorption, and much more.
- Lactose – it makes up from 2 to 8 percent of the milk by the weight. It is broken down by special enzymes in the stomach. This is why it can lead to lactose intolerance in a lot of people. The side effects of it are upset stomach, cramping, bloating, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
The real vitamins are those you can find from the real and fresh food. Take a reference if you are planning to consume some vitamin and mineral supplements, if not, stick to the whole foods which are definitely the best option for you.
Stock your fridge and pantry with whole foods which are easily absorbed and processed in the body before taking up something else.Here is what you need to focus on.
First of all, fruits and vegetables. The fruits are filled with antioxidants, fiber and a lot of vitamins, and the vegetables are filled with minerals and phyto nutrients, making them an excellent choice for you. If we have to pick our favorites from both, and something that you absolutely have to focus on, then from the veggies we pick the leafy greens, and from the fruits we choose the berries.
When we’re talking about the leafy greens, we have to incorporate the herbs here, because they have an amazing set of nutrients for you.
Also, consume plenty of nuts, seeds, legumes, avocados, beans, sprouted grains, these are all if you want to ease your digestive system a bit. Turn to organic grass fed meat, free range poultry and eggs, wild caught fish and pastured raw dairy in order to fill up the list of nutrients that you have to intake every day, such as omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D, beta carotene, excellent source of protein, and fat soluble vitamins and minerals.
But, sometimes when you fall a bit short on your dieting plan, you need to take a multivitamin in order to fill the blank. Well, in this case you need to make sure that it is a 100 percent organic and whole foods based one, either raw or low temperature heated.
And make sure it contains minerals. And what you shouldn’t do is take a multivitamin that reads soy, corn, gluten, preservatives, GMO’s, colorings or dyes right on the package.
It is very important to read the label when it comes to consuming multivitamins because not every supplement is really healthy as it says. You have to minimize the factors that can have a negative effect on your body, and bulk up on healthy foods instead.
Your body knows what to do with these foods, believe us. Just make sure you stay away from the products that can do you harm!