Finally – a Herb that Destroys Herpes, Candida, Strep and Flu Virus
Were you familiar with the fact that such herb exists? This is a family member of the labiatae, or mint family, and it is the thyme. It is a her which is native to the Mediterranean basin and it can come in many varieties.
Only one plant, thymus vulgaris, but, you can find variations in the composition of the oil distilled from this plant. This is when it shows variations in its chemical contents based on the location or region the plant had grown in, despite having equal botanical properties.
Herb that Destroys
What you probably did not know is that the microbial power of the thyme is so powerful, that some of the oils are even safe to use in all situations and some are not. The thyme oil, more specifically, thymus vularis ct. lialol is the best oil that beginners can use.
Its safest use is on the skin, on children, on elderly people and in the bath. Other ct. (chemotypes) should be left to the hands of professionals, such as qualified aromatherapists. Thyme is one of the most frequently used and the most useful oil in aromatherapy, but it has to be remembered that you always have to use it with care and moderation.
The thyme is filled with all sorts of properties, such as antiseptic, expectorant, antispasmodic, diuretic, antibiotic, fungicidal, bactericidal, and antiviral properties which make it wonderful for use during the cold season and the flu season. In addition to killing all the microbes, the thyme can help the body eliminate the toxins and boost the entire immune system by supporting the formation of the white blood cells, increasing the resistance to any invading organisms.
Because of its herbaceous, familiar and warm aroma this is a very powerful and penetrating oil. The etymology of the word comes from the Greek word thymos which means to perfume.
Some of the other usages of this herb include treatments of the respiratory infections. It is also an excellent pulmonary disinfectant, making it useful against colds, sore throats, the flu, cough, asthma, catarrh and bronchitis.
If you suffer from nose, throat or chest infections, inhale it, and if you happen to suffer from a mouth or a gum infection, such as gingivitis, you can use it in a toothpaste or as a mouthwash.
You can use as little as one percent solution, it will be effective for you. A study in Germany has made many researchers to believe the effectiveness of this cough medicine because of the exhalation, upon swallowing it, of the local action that the essential oil brings on the respiratory tract.
Further and more extensive research has shown that the effectiveness of the essential oil, including the thyme, can help a dry cough. Inhaling only includes a small amount, because any bigger amount of it may lead to an opposite effect.
These inhaling treatments are especially effective when chronic infections are treated, those who linger for a longer period of time in the sinuses.
The thyme is used as a remedy for all kinds of weaknesses, from physical to psychological, and is still used for it today. The thyme is found to be useful for regaining strength after illnesses, depression, chronic fatigue and even help insomnia because it is able to balance out its effects.
Furthermore, it can stimulate the circulation, aid the concentration, raises the really low blood pressure, and it is also believed to increase the intelligence and memory. It literally revives and strengthens as well as balances the mind and the body.
The essential thyme oil is antibacterial, which means it acts on the bacteria’s enzymes. As such, it has noted to be used in soapy solutions for disinfecting hands before surgery, and because it is a strong antiseptic it is mostly used in hospitals.
Another study in France has shown that the thyme is one of the few essential oils that when used as vaporizer, can destroy 90 percent of the microbes within three hours. It deodorizes and purifies the air from various particles that could do damage.
Here are some of the additional uses of the thyme:
- it can kill nail fungus
- it is used for candida and vaginitis
- it is useful for infections on the bladder and the urinary tract, and also acts as a diuretic, increasing the effectiveness
- the thyme is an ingredients that is found in the natural hand sanitizers
- if you add thyme to a hot compress you will be relieved from muscular pain and aches, rheumatic pain, sport injuries, sciatica, sprains, gout, arthritis and more
- crush the fresh herb or use oil to aid insect stings or bites
- you can use it on your athlete’s foot too, just apply the oil, neat, but firstly protect the skin with some fatty cream
- use a one percent solution as an antibacterial wash for fresh produce
- use for your skin and hair, as a hair tonic or a face wash
- kill parasites with it
- use the thyme in sitz bath in order to stimulate the menstruation for the weak or the missing periods
- the thymol, a compound found in the thyme can improve your blood flow, and protect the percentage of healthy fats in the body
- the dietary consumption of the thyme will increase the omega 3 fatty acids in your kidneys, brain, and heart cell membranes
- the insects will no longer invade your home because of the thyme
- you can treat alopecia aerata with a mixture of thyme, rosemary, lavender and cedar wood. Just massage this mixture into your scalp for several months on a daily basis
- because there is a chance of irritation, use the thyme in blends. It is particularly well blended with pine, rosemary, lavender, lemon, bergamot and grapefruit.