Fight Your Cold Flu and Sinus Infection With This Ginger Garlic Home Medicine
This traditional Chinese recipe believes that each food we decide to consume will act in our bodies in a different way, despite its unique value in nutrients. We are all different from one another, so this is why you should find a way to recognize the signs within your own self and your own body.
Therefore, the consumption of proper foods can can restore the balance in your body and heal plenty of different health issues.When the weather gets colder, we definitely need to turn to consuming warmer, nourishing, and building foods, such as soups, warm drinks, and plenty of spices such as ginger, cinnamon, cumin, instead of all the fresh fruits and vegetables we consume during the warmer days.
Ginger Garlic Home Medicine
The ginger is known to be one of the most beneficial and warming spice in the Chinese medicine. It can warm up your body deeply and that makes it perfect for the winter season.
Those people who are feeling cold all the time or who simply belong to the cold pattern, according to the traditional Chinese medicine, will experience even worse pains and aches during the winter, especially in the lower back and in the knees, and will also have a very pale urination and the constant need to urinate in the middle of the night.
These people suffer from a loose bowel and are prone to fatigue, edema, swellings, and a dripping or a runny nose. If they consumed a dried ginger tea, these people could benefit a lot from it, or simply if they added this spice to their meals.
The people who are often suffering from the flu or a common cold, and chills, but not the fever, have a runny nose and excess mucus, and experience frequent sneezing, they should turn to ginger as the natural remedy for them! If this is the case, they should consume raw ginger. Simply grate it or slice it and mix it with some raw organic honey and a bit of lemon.
If you happen to be suffering from a sore throat combined with a thick yellow mucus or fever, do not consume ginger, and try consuming peppermint instead.
This is why today we will recommend to you a ginger soup that can do wonders to you and your overall health, especially during the winter season and the winter cold invasion period. Whenever you are feeling like coming down with a cold, prepare this soup and fight it before the disease progresses.
For the ingredients, you are going to need 1-2 inch of a fresh ginger piece, thinly sliced, 6 cups of chicken bone broth, 1-2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped), 4 green onions, sliced into pieces of a medium size.
For the instruction part, add the ginger, garlic and onion into a pot. If you like, you can also add some mushrooms to it. Then, pour a bit of the broth, and leave it like that to simmer until all the ingredients inside become soft.
Then, add the rest of the broth and bring this mixture to a boil. Again, lower the heat and leave it to simmer for about 20 more minutes.
And when it comes to using it, first of all, you can keep this broth in the fridge for a period of a couple of days. Sip some of this delicious broth throughout the entire day, and for better results, you can even eat the ginger pieces too.
Avoid consuming too much salt in your food, but if you like, you can add some other vegetables, such as some dried mushrooms, four of five pieces of asparagus and so on. The bone broth is quite easy to prepare, and it will just take you several minutes, and of course, not even a bit from your energy.
If you happen to have a slow cooker that’s all right too because you can just let your broth simmer at the lowest for the entire night to get the same effects.
Here are some other healthy recipes for you:
- Organic chicken bone broth – you can save the bones from your roast or you can just buy some chicken backs and ends at your local butcher. Then, take a pound of the bones and simmer them in 12 cups of water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a period of 24 hours. After that, skim off all the fat and the oil from the surface, strain it, and pour it into a suitable jar glass or put it into the freezer for later use.
- Broth for the vegetarians – take the ends of your vegetables and simmer them with some vegetable stock for about 8 to 10 hours and add some seaweed, mushrooms and miso. This is when you have to make sure to add the following ingredients:
- Garlic – it is considered to be a powerful antibacterial and immune boosting food, and it can detox the body as well. It will furthermore boost the immune system, reduce any swelling, helps with the digestion, remove any carcinogens and so much more!
- Astragalus root – it possesses mild warming properties and can strengthen your immune system, treat any lung issues, helps with the digestion, treats a cough and a cold, and contains amazing energy boosting qualities.
- Ginger – this naturally warming food with quite the pungent taste can treat everything from a common cold to chills, can sooth any digestive issues, such as nausea, upset stomach, loss of appetite, and will provide you with numerous health benefits.
- Green onion – this is another pungent and warm herb that will treat common colds, and when it is combined with ginger, it will offer you an even more warming feeling.