8 Foods Everyone Should Add to Their Breakfast: The Complete Breakfast Guide!
Your breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It provides you with the energy required not only to kick start your day and but to take you through the day.
Your breakfast should be the perfect mixture of foods that supply adequate amounts of proteins and other essential nutrients. Here is a list of 10 power-packed foods that should be part of your breakfast. You can enjoy them on different days:
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids and tons of fiber. It is a great protein-filled breakfast. Studies show that chia seeds also help in preventing risk of heart disease. Just one cup of it gives you 10g of fiber.
- Cinnamon French Toast & Yogurt – This recipe will give you enough proteins to keep you feeling fuller for hours. All you have to do is soak a slice of whole-grain bread in egg and cock it for a minute. Add some cinnamon and take with three-fourths cup of yogurt. It will give you over 28g of proteins.
- Walnut Yogurt – This recipe is loaded with 25g of proteins and takes just 5 minutes to prepare. Walnuts are packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Mix 7 chopped walnut halves, 2 tbsp of wheat germ and 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt. Add fresh raspberries or any other fruit for flavor.
- Blueberries – It is recommended to add blueberries to all your diets. You can enjoy them with the cereal. Just 1 cup of the berries gives you 4g fiber. Among other unique nutrients, blueberries are rich in antioxidants.
- Spirulina – This blue-green algae is can be added to your breakfast in the form of powder or supplement. It is considered one of the richest foods. It is packed with plant-based proteins, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and antioxidants. Spirulina helps in protecting cells against damage. You can enjoy it with your veggie juice or with a smoothie.
- Nuts – Nuts are also a rich source of proteins. Just sprinkle them into your morning smoothie or oatmeal. According to Dr. Joanne Lichten, Ph.D., RD, nutritionist, nuts have proteins which are great for stabilizing blood sugar. They help prevent low blood sugar symptoms, especially in diabetics. So you will reduce your risk of having symptoms like headaches, fatigue and irritability if you add nuts to your breakfast.
Weight Loss Ingredients
- Black Beans – Just half a cup of black beans has over 7g of plant-based proteins. The soluble fiber in the beans helps in burning belly fat. Its protein and fiber combination keeps you filled up for hours. Overall, the weight loss benefits are very powerful. According to research conducted at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, increasing 10g of soluble fiber daily diet helps in reducing belly fat by up to 3.7%. This study was conducted over a period of 5 years.
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit is perhaps the most famous fruit in the world, known for its weight loss benefits. So it makes the perfect sense to include it into your breakfast. It can be taken just as a breakfast appetizer. In fact, if you are overweight you can take 1/2 of the fruit before each meal. According to studies, following this routine can help you lose up to 1lb weight per week.
Grapefruit works by lowering your insulin levels. Insulin is recognized as a hormone that facilitates storage of fat. Grapefruit contains 90% water, making you feel fuller for longer. So you are also going to eat lesser food after consuming grapefruit.
So make sure to take these 8 foods regularly as part of your breakfast. You will be amazed by the overall health benefits you will enjoy.