Calm Down your Anxiety Issues With These Foods
One of the most common health issues is the anxiety. Many people suffer from it and you can develop it at any stage in your life.
In order to treat the anxiety, as well as the depression and similar health issues, the most common approach are the prescription drugs. Unfortunately, they come along with serious side effects and are are not safe to use if you want to use them on a long term.
get link Anxiety Issues
Also, a lot of these drugs cannot even address the the root of the problem for the anxiety, which is usually disruption of the nervous system, and they just end up doing more harm than good.
Now, let’s go a little deeper into the issue. Anxiety is a miscommunication between the hormones and the neurotransmitters in the body, and it can occur in any situation where the balance of the body is thrown off course.
Those people who develop a serious case of anxiety will have to manage with it for the rest of their lives.
The hormones, such as the cortisol, though they play a big role of the amount of anxiety in the body, they are not the only hormone you need to pay attention to.
There are other hormones like serotonin, dopammine and GABA (an amino acid that acts as a hormone) which need to be taken care of too.
Thankfully, there are plenty of foods which can improve the symptoms of the anxiety if they are properly consumed and included in a healthy and balanced dieting plan. In the meantime, foods filled with sugars, meat with added hormones, caffeine, foods with artificial dyes and sweeteners, as well as any form of stimulants can make things even worse.
This is why you should start taking care of your dieting plan more in order to combat the anxiety more successfully. The food you consume can have a big effect on your body and overall health, so this is why in addition we give you the 10 foods you definitely must consume if you want to reduce your anxiety levels:
- can you order disulfiram online Leafy green vegetables – many people who are fighting against anxiety are actually short of the mineral magnesium. The leafy greens are thankfully filled with it, as well as chlorophyll. Studies have actually shown that when the two of these nutrients are combined together, they improve the quality of your sleep, elevate the mood and most importantly, reduce the anxiety. If you decide to eat more leafy greens such as spinach, kale, arugula, romaine and others you will feel the results immediately! Add them in a salad, soup, smoothie, stew, or any other dish of your liking. Even though they are healthier when they are consumed in raw form, you can also cook them too, so eat away!
- http://pawessentials.com/product-category/dog-products/page/10/?product_count=16 Berries – all berries are filled with Vitamin C, potassium, fiber and omega 3 fatty acids. Each of these nutrients can help your body lower your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, stress, basically all the symptoms that lead to the anxiety. All berries are also filled with antioxidants, which play an important role in the health of the brain and have proven efficient in protecting the heart as well as the brain from mental and oxidative stress. Opt for the organic and fresh option, but if you cannot afford it, you can always take the frozen version, it is as equally beneficial for you. Try every type – from blueberries to cranberries, strawberries and goji berries, they will all do you good!
- Pineapple – the pineapple has more than 100 percent of your daily Vitamin C intake, and this is only in one cup. It playsan important role with the function of the nervous system and manages to reduce the mental, physical and oxidative stress. The manganese is another special compound of the pineapple, because you need it for optimal function of the heart, bone health and metabolic health. Even though the manganese is found in the nuts and seeds, take into consideration that the pineapple is easier to digest and contains more of it in a serving than a full cup of most of the other foods.
- Almonds – this is what we call an amazing source of healthy fats, B vitamins and magnesium. It also releases a feel good hormone which makes you feel relaxed. Make sure that the best option for you are the raw almonds, and purchase them on a daily basis. The raw almond butter is a great option too. Just remember that the roasted almonds are usually processed and contain big amounts of sodium in them, so they will not act as good to your health as they should. You can add the raw almonds in a smoothie, a meal, salads, or just eat a handful.
- Cashews – they are high in Vitamin B6 and magnesium, and magnesium, as we previously mentioned, helps calm the nervous system down and get rid of stress very easily. The cashews are so powerful and amazing, they have been proven to be as effective as the Prozac in situations of depression and anxiety. They are also filled with monosaturated fats, which are proven to improve the heath of the heart, and we all know it is the key to a healthy nervous system.
- Peanut butter – this is a combination of Vitamin B6, magnesium, protein, and an important B vitamin called niacin which promotes sleep. There are also some amino acids found in the peanut butter, making it a complex source of protein. The amino acids have found themselves to be extremely important when you are combatting anxiety, but along with it, make sure you are eating the right types of fat, such as the monosaturated fats found in the almonds and the cashews. Opt for the healthiest choice and take the peanut butter with no added sugar. If you can find an organic peanut butter, that would be the best choice for you.
- Oatmeal – it is not just a common option for breakfast in order to maintain a proper heart health and waistline, but it is also high in nutrients which are excellent for the mind too. The oatmeal is filled with magnesium, fiber, potassium, protein and B vitamins, as well as other vitamins and trace minerals. It helps your body produce more GABA and release serotonin in a more natural way. This makes up for an even better breakfast choice, right?
- Avocado – to reduce the oxidative stress which is caused to the heart, opt for food rich in fiber, Vitamin B6, monosaturated fats, amino acids, and even Vitamin E. Yes, you’ve guessed, the avocado contains all of this. It is a nice replacement for cream or butter, and there are plenty of other ways in which you can use it too!
- Raw cacao – we are not talking about the regular version of chocolate with a glass of milk, this will not help your anxiety levels, but the raw cacao will. It has no caffeine, unlike the regular chocolate we consume every day, it supports the mind by containing calming nutrients. The cacao contains magnesium, iron, zinc, and Vitamin B. Nibs, raw cacao powder or raw cacao beans are the best option for you. Just make sure you don’t consume a lot of it for it has the ability to enhance your energy, keeping you up at night longer than it should. Add a scoop to your morning smoothie, oatmeal or coffee and feel the difference.
- Maca – this super food has been proven to reduce the levels of depression and anxiety, all the while promoting a better function of the hormones. It will calm down your body and react to all your needs, because of its ability to adapt to the needs of your body all throughout the day. It has a butterscotch ad caramel sweet taste, and it is a great base for your smoothies.
Some other healthy options include the walnuts, hemp seeds, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, wild rice, brown rice, broccoli, quinoa, back beans, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, and healthy beverages such as chamomile, peppermint, green and Tulsi tea. You just need to remember that you can always improve your health by being careful what you consume.