Sugar Attacks your Body in a Way you Cannot Even Imagine – Prevent that Now
You are probably already aware of the fact that consuming excess amounts of sugar will not do your health any good, right? You should definitely cut down on it a bit, or even completely in some cases.
The sugar is one of the most controversial ingredients in our food industry nowadays, because while some people say that it is harmless, other claim that it does the body a great deal of harm.
Thankfully, everyone agree on the fact that the white sugar is extremely dangerous to the health, but when it comes to other kind of sweeteners, like the honey and the maple syrup, thoughts vary from one person to the next. If you find yourself in the middle of it all, confused about what kind of foods you can and can’t consume, here is a short list of the reasons why you need to cut down on your daily sugar intake.
As you will notice, science makes its way here and creates a very strong case about why the sugar does not belong in our dietary plan.
- There is a risk of a heart disease – the sugar intake will dramatically increase your risk of a heart disease, because it puts a great strain on your arteries and increases your blood sugar levels, thus damaging the flow of blood. In order to prevent this from happening, turn to leafy greens, fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes and avocado. Also, get enough exercise and sleep in order to maintain the health of your body.
- Do you want to experience an early death? Of course not, no one wants to. Well, then you definitely need to cut back on the sugar intake. The most interesting data here is that the people who consume more sugar have a higher rate of an early death than those who suffer from any cardiovascular disease. The sugar increases your risk of obesity, thus increasing your risk of death. It will also increase your risk of diabetes and a high blood pressure. So, for these reasons, you have to cut down on your sugar intake or stop consuming sugar altogether.
- You will experience weight gain. High fat foods and foods filled with sugar are the ones that will make your body gain weight in a heartbeat. They are both high in calories, but unlike the fats, which can be healthy, there is no food that comes in a healthy package and is all the while filled with sugar. The normal sugar intake per day is about 6 teaspoons of sugar, which is a 100 calories within a day. But the problem with people is that when they’ve had a bit sugar, they always want some more. If this is the case for you, then you have to throw out the sugar from your dieting plan completely. The sugar will always contribute to your weight gain because it will make you overeat by always wanting some more. Also, cereals that are thought to be healthy, as well as granola should also be avoided, because they contain sugar too. This is why when you go to the store, read the label on all the products so that you can know what you’re consuming.
- Because consuming a lot of sugar means not taking enough care for your body, it may result in an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. The more sugar you consume, the more insulin remains in your body. The body can use only so much of the insulin before putting the rest of it back into the bloodstream. This is how diabetes happens. And when it comes to type 1 diabetes, the one you’ve had since a child, then avoid sugar because it will only worsen your symptoms. People who suffer from diabetes should by all means avoid oil and animal products. Instead, they should focus on raw fruits and veggies, legumes and very small amounts of seeds and nuts. By avoiding the risk of diabetes you also avoid the risk of gaining weight, heart disease and an early death.
- The sugar can steal something very important from you – the health of your skin. It leads to breakouts which happen almost over the night. The sugar increases the hormone insulin in the blood, resulting in acne. When the hormones are out of balance, we can notice that through our skin. The liver can be the main cause of the skin breakouts, and when this happens, it means it is burdened. Keep your natural glow and your skin healthy by consuming less sugar and oil. Focus on maintaining a diet rich in vegetables.
- To put it in a simple way, the sugar will make you moody! The sugar will make your mood go up and down the entire day, because while you’re eating it, it increases the dopamine in your brain. The dopamine is a neurotransmitter, but we need it in small amounts, because unlike the other hormones, when it is completely gone we suffer from an emotional crash. The perfect example for it is when you eat a candy. You are all happy while you’re eating it, but a few minutes after, you feel down and numb and are in need for another piece of candy. When the sugar completely leaves your system, you can feel moody or emotional. This is quite the phenomena, and the best way to avoid these consequences is to stop eating sugar completely.
- The depression can be present too. This is one of the most misunderstood types of a mental illness out there. Even though it is true that genetics play a big role in this, it is even more true that the diet has a more important role. The sugar influences the brain and can ultimately lead to depression. This is why, to keep yourself healthy, stick to natural and whole foods in a fresh form.
- The sugar can also negatively impact the thyroid gland, because it impacts the overall function of the hormones. Even though the body has a desire to burn the glucose up, sugar will not help that process at all. It is a refined substance which the body does not recognize, unlike the sugar in the fruits and veggies. The hormones in the body react in a negative way when the processed foods are consumed, resulting in imbalance in the thyroid gland.
- It is yeast found in the gastrointestinal tract just like any other type of bacteria. But, unlike the good types of bacteria, the candida is a bad type, causing yeast which ultimately leads to overgrowth if not treated in time. The sugar has the most impact here because the candida mostly feeds on it as a main source. When you consume sugar, the candida takes over your body, leading to yeast infections, foggy brain, skin rashes, overeating and an autoimmune disorder. To prevent the candida the first thing you must do is remove the sugar from your dietary plan.
- Finally, the addiction. The sugar causes addiction, leading to undermining of our overall health and happiness. The sugar, although is an intense stimulant, it is not a nourishing food. Consume foods which are packed with nutrients instead and see the difference.
Other issues that might occur if you consume excess amounts of sugar are dental problems, nutrient loss, joint pain, fatigue, anxiety and stress, aging of the skin, kidney problems, cognitive problems. This is why you need to get rid of the sugar at once.
If you decide to do this, you can eat all fruits and vegetables, greens, starchy tubers, legumes, whole grains, as well as nuts and seeds. Opt for natural sweeteners such as the raisins or dates, drink plenty of water, remove all the beverages that have artificial sweeteners added and finally, remember that the maple syrup and honey contribute to an elevated blood sugar levels, so be careful about that too.