This Mouthwash Will Give you Cancer – Stop Using it Now
Many people have a daily routine by cleansing their oral cavity with mouthwash. The oral care is an important part of the health, so you have to make sure that your mouthwash is doing you more good than harm.
The risk of oral cancer has multiple factors, and some of the most popular brands of mouthwash have been linked to increasing the risk of oral cancer. More than half a million people worldwide are diagnosed with oral cancer every year.
It can occur in the floor of the mouth, gums, tongue, cheeks, and recent research has partially blamed the mouthwash for that.
Even though most of the mouthwashes contain alcohol, they contain some toxic compounds and chemicals which put your health at risk, every time you gargle hoping to get a fresh breath. You have probably never checked the list of ingredients in your mouthwash, so, here are some of the compounds that may be hiding in the minty liquid.
- Alcohol – it dries out the mucous membranes in the mouth, it reduces saliva, it causes bad breath, it changes the pH levels of the throat and the mouth, and it increases the risk of developing oral, neck, and head cancer.
- Chlorexidine – this chemical is the sole cause of an increased blood pressure, experts claim, and if you use the mouthwash twice within a day it can lead to some serious health issues. This compound clear out your mouth from all the good bacteria that relaxes your blood vessels.
- Hexeditine – too much of this compound in your body will cause clogging in some parts of the brain responsible for neural and sensory functions, and over time they may even go into failure. This compound can cause allergic reactions too, an unstable heartbeat and is considered to be carcinogenic.
- Methylparaben – this compound has always been found among the breast cancer tissues. And yet, it is widely used within mouthwashes and women’s cosmetics. This compound accelerates the growth of tumors and the risk of breast cancer.
- Methyl Salicylate – a tablespoon od this compound equals about 23.000 mg of aspirin pills. You can easily overdose with it and it will lead to vomiting, kidney failure, loss of vision, low blood pressure and much more.
Thankfully, there are some good news here. Your kitchen cupboard may be containing the safer and cheaper version of a mouthwash.
Researchers have found that maintaining a healthier dieting plan, without ever using a mouthwash led to better results than using it and not consuming a lot of healthy foods.
Of course, we have all been told to stay away from sugar because it does damage to our teeth, but it has been shown that other foods have an impact on our teeth too.
But, if you rinse off your teeth with green tea, they will be safe from any bacteria, your plaque will be preserved and on top of all that, the green tea has the same effects as the mouthwash, without containing any toxic compounds at all.
It is clear that the green tea is the healthier and the safer option for you. Throw away your chemical filled mouthwash and practice a more effective and healthy way of maintaining your oral hygiene at an optimal level.